Well, I say I joined in, but really I just made my own Strathcona Henley with no real reference to the sew along and then never got around to sharing it until now.
Anyway, I knew this pattern would likely run a bit hipster narrow for my bloke, so rather than measure him I got him to nominate a favourite long sleeved tee and I worked off the finished garment measurements.
That saw me making the largest size, XL. Even then it's about an inch around smaller than his preferred size. Still, at least it didn't end up muscle man tight. That would never get worn. The body length I didn't change at all and I'm pleasantly surprised it is such a good length. This man has a particularly long torso. One of those tall blokes that are even taller sitting down! :)
The sleeve length I kind of made up as I didn't want to use the cuffs included with the long sleeved version of the pattern. I think I worked out the cuff width minus seam allowances and added that, so the sleeves are probably the intended length. But I could be wrong on that.... Really need to blog straight away or make notes. Anyway, they're perhaps a tad too long, but that's always better than too short.
Then I really strayed into "choose your own adventure" territory with the placket. I've sewn similar plackets before and was being a bit careless. I'd already sewn and attached the placket and cut the fabric before I realised it was attached to the opposite face of the fabric than intended. That wasn't a problem, but it means the little square at the bottom of the placket is on the inside of my version rather than the outside. Minus one point for failing to straighten his top button before photographing too, hey.
I guess the whole point of a sewalong is to get the tips to get it right! Ah well. I felt like I was part of something bigger while sewing.
And now that summer seems to have hit with an early ferocity, Flipper has a long sleeved tee that probably won't get worn beyond these pictures for some months. :)