I'd made one for P using a KwikSew pattern, but the pattern left a lot to be desired and I couldn't bring myself to buy it again in a smaller size. A late night hunt for some instant PDF gratification led me to MADE patterns by Dana (www.danamadeit.com). I loved the pattern as a towel beach robe, and so even though it didn't tick all my dressing gown boxes ( I really wanted a folded back cowl neck with a facing) I though it would be well worth a try.
So, now I will confess to the dire situation of my daughter's bedtime wear:
But meanwhile, back to the dressing gown dilemma. All the lovely flannel is assigned to pyjamas, and I was loathe to chop up a towel or buy any new fabric (I seriously have to curb that habit) so I vowed to make a dressing gown entirely out of leftovers. There's always a little bit of fleece leftover from these blankets so here's a bit of leftovers heated up and rearranged into the cosiest dressing gown ever!
I decided to make it fully reversible, so effectively I just made two robes and then sewed them together. I added some belt loops so that the belt could be used for both sides. Of course I could have done away with the bias binding but I think it makes the whole thing much nicer and it was the only way to sneak in a tiny bit of pink, even if it is a somewhat fishy, browny, housebrick kind of pink. I made it in the middle size but cut it to the longest length and the fit is perfect. Here's the snuggly, well cared for child photo:
And when I tried to turn it out and get a picture the other way, she realised the belt was removable. And that was the end of that.